Thursday, December 11, 2014

On my First Day of Winter Break

As you, dear readers, have probably guessed, the subject of this post is that of the first day of my winter break from school. I am a second year college student who studies computer science and attempts to play flute in his spare time.

On to the topic at hand: My last final exams were yesterday, 10 December 2014, and so today was the first day of a month-or-so long break. The day today started at 8:30 this morning as I finally got around to packing for my journey home.  About an hour and a half later, one of my roommates and I crammed our bags and such into the back of his pickup truck and filed out onto the roads for three and a half hours of scenic highways.

Arriving home at close to 2:00, he and I unloaded my belongings and haphazardly piled it all up in the middle of the entryway to my family's home. After several minutes of reorganising and unpacking I found myself settled in to the aged house. Finding nothing better to do, I then watched several terrible movies and cruelly mocked their flaws in an attempt at humour.

Nothing really out of the ordinary happened today.  There was a taller-than-average man, slender, if you will, dressed in a black business suit and red tie gliding along the sidewalk at the local strip mall, but aside from him, there's nothing else noteworthy about my day today.


No comments:

Post a Comment