Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Day Six

Today started lazily at 10:00, as per usual, however I had a strong desire to disembark from my home and spend the day out and about.  I ended up at the local mall, waiting for friends to arrive.  As I stood in the almost frigid air, people who I used to know passed by, absorbed in conversation, and failed to recognise me.  Perhaps they were simply too busy talking to notice, but it raises an interesting point on how large amounts of time can alter one's memory of others.

Several hours were spent at the mall once my companions arrived, including a meal, but we were confronted by the crawling chaos of evening traffic for another hour or two, and seemingly inconsequential issues overcame one member of our little circle and engendered unnecessary moments of anger, the likes of which I did not expect.


No comments:

Post a Comment